Aeroforce Technology Inc Technical Forums

"Knowledge is power"

All times are UTC - 2 hours

Post subject: 2008 Honda Fit . . .
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:51 am 

Hi All,

I have a manual transmission 2008 Honda Fit. It is my understanding that the car uses the "CAN" type OBD II setup. I have been looking at a ScanguageII, but I like the Aeroforce styling much more. Can anyone tell me how well this unit works for my car (if at all- since I didnt see it on the list) Anyone got a comparison ov the Aeroforce Interceptor cersus the ScanguageII?

All comments welcome

Tbird911

Post subject: Re: 2008 Honda Fit . . .
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:16 pm 

tbird911 wrote:
Hi All,

I have a manual transmission 2008 Honda Fit. It is my understanding that the car uses the "CAN" type OBD II setup. I have been looking at a ScanguageII, but I like the Aeroforce styling much more. Can anyone tell me how well this unit works for my car (if at all- since I didnt see it on the list) Anyone got a comparison ov the Aeroforce Interceptor cersus the ScanguageII?

All comments welcome

Tbird911

At this time we have a gauge that will display generic parameters just like the scangauge. We believe that truley useful more than this is needed. Soon we will have one that display enhanced (manufacture specific as well) and at that time we will officially release this version.

Todd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:01 pm 

So... it's been like 2 years.

Any update on what the status on when we might see a Interceptor that supports a Honda? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:34 pm 

The problem is that Honda uses a different communication method than everyone else (at least that I've seen). We've had only a small amount of interest and have not been able to justify the expense to develop the software as of yet. It's something that we want to do but haven't yet.

Todd

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:39 am 

They can't be THAT different, these ECUs still have to conform to EPA regs, interface protocols and standardized handshake and data parameters.

There are at least a dozen OBDII honda ECU daughterboard/tuning suites out there for B and D series guys, K series guys have at least 2 that work amazingly, and J series motors use the same ECUs as K series ones 90% of the time... and I don't have enough time to compile the 50+ different companies that have simple idiotproof flashtuners for all of these said motors.

Sorry. That's been bottling up since March of 2013.

Still using an ELM327 since, well... y'know, Honda.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:34 am 

The Honda uses 29 bit messaging which we've never done before. We are however looking for cars to stop by our shop at this time to get this done. Won't be long now, maybe a month to 6 weeks.

Todd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:23 am 

Honda was the primary Japanese automobile manufacturer to release a Do my Assignment for Me devoted luxury mark, Acura, in 1986. Beside their center automobile and bike businesses.