Aeroforce Technology Inc Technical Forums

"Knowledge is power"

All times are UTC - 2 hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:23 pm 

Hi,

I am contemplating on Buying A/F sensor. I have an 07 Mustang GT. My exhaust has already front and rear O2 sensors. Do I replace one of the front sensors with the aeroforce one and splice the aeroforce wiring to the factory wiring? (if so please detail the splicing procedure wire to wire Thanks) Or do I need to make an additional hole?

I am using Kooks headers (mid size, factory sensors thread on existing holes) with cats, on a supercharged engine.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:20 am 

vasman wrote:
Hi,

I am contemplating on Buying A/F sensor. I have an 07 Mustang GT. My exhaust has already front and rear O2 sensors. Do I replace one of the front sensors with the aeroforce one and splice the aeroforce wiring to the factory wiring? (if so please detail the splicing procedure wire to wire Thanks) Or do I need to make an additional hole?

I am using Kooks headers (mid size, factory sensors thread on existing holes) with cats, on a supercharged engine.

Thanks.

Most people replace a rear sensor with the wideband. The rears can be turned off easily in software so as to not throw a code. I would not replace a front sensor, you need them for closed loop operation. Optionally, install a third bung for the wideband. Concensus is, and what I've found, is that the rear position when using cats reads about 0.1 A/F leaner than actual at WOT.

Todd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:13 pm 

i had a similar concern about where to place the wideband i bought from you guys. i'm supercharged with cats in a 96 camaro and i just don't see a good place in my exhaust to install a 3rd bung before the cats. i think my best option is to install the wideband sensor in place of one of my rear o2 sensors which i already have tuned out.

my question is, you say it's around .1 A/F leaner at WOT, but what about when i'm only at part throttle? is it more accurate or less accurate at part throttle? if it's about the same, then i could just change the intercept value to reflect this. if you have any knowledge about how your wideband kit does at part throttle, that info would be great, then i could go ahead and install my wideband. thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:42 pm 

nevermind about my question. i have done some research and it seems that yes, people seem to agree that wideband sensor placed behind the cats is very accurate (slightly leaner as you said) when in WOT, but not so much at idle or part throttle. i will have to rethink my placement of my wideband sensor, because i would like to see an accurate measurement (always within +/-.3 A/F of actual) at idle and at part throttle. i do still have the question about map sensor power in my other thread. thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:58 am 

I've found that in non-WOT condtitions that the wideband sensor seems dead on, which is what you have also found.

Todd

Post subject: Using rear bung
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:36 pm 

How would you go about adjusting the PCM so as to use a wideband in the rear (after cat) position? I have a 2004srt4 Stage 3 with toys and would very much like to not have to weld a thrid bung into my system if I could avoid it. I just don't know how I would go about daectivating the raer O2 sensor.

Post subject: Re: Using rear bung
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:33 pm 

JHV wrote:
How would you go about adjusting the PCM so as to use a wideband in the rear (after cat) position? I have a 2004srt4 Stage 3 with toys and would very much like to not have to weld a thrid bung into my system if I could avoid it. I just don't know how I would go about daectivating the raer O2 sensor.

I can't answer that, but I'm sure someone from an SRT4 forum such as www.srtforums.com could. Thanks,

Todd

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:45 am 

When you obtain shifted to hack device page, you are needed to load some standard information like hack Roblox username, video gaming system and also a number of robux and also tickets you require.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:46 am 

When you obtain shifted to hack device page, you are needed to load some standard information like hack Roblox username, video gaming system and also a number of robux and also tickets you require.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:23 am 

I want to use shared_ptr with STL container classes. Can I use shared_ptr with STL class like map, set or vector? If yes, please let me know how to use it? Thanks