Aeroforce Technology Inc Technical Forums

"Knowledge is power"

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Analogic Gauge
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:25 am 

Hi, I'm new here and I have a few questions, I have a turbo Hayabusa and I currently have a boost gauge, fp gauge, and a Innovate lm1 and I want to use an analogic gauge to moniter boost, fuel pressure, and a/f. Will this gauge work with my lm1 to moniter wideband a/f? I would like to also use the a/f to shut off my boost controller if the a/f goes lean, and can I do a rpm input to use the light as a shift light? Is there any way to moniter my injector duty cycle? It would be really nice to use one gauge for all this since space is limited on a bike. I know alot of racers who would switch over to this setup if I can make it work. My wife has a 08 Cobalt SS TC that had the dual interceptor setup in it when we bought it and it's really cool. Also how does the datalogging work? can I read the data on the gauge or do I have to hook it to a computer or something?

Post subject: Re: Analogic Gauge
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:36 pm 

greenbusa wrote:
Hi, I'm new here and I have a few questions, I have a turbo Hayabusa and I currently have a boost gauge, fp gauge, and a Innovate lm1 and I want to use an analogic gauge to moniter boost, fuel pressure, and a/f. Will this gauge work with my lm1 to moniter wideband a/f? I would like to also use the a/f to shut off my boost controller if the a/f goes lean, and can I do a rpm input to use the light as a shift light? Is there any way to moniter my injector duty cycle? It would be really nice to use one gauge for all this since space is limited on a bike. I know alot of racers who would switch over to this setup if I can make it work. My wife has a 08 Cobalt SS TC that had the dual interceptor setup in it when we bought it and it's really cool. Also how does the datalogging work? can I read the data on the gauge or do I have to hook it to a computer or something?

Hello,

Sorry, I missed this post.

Yes, it will accept a 0-5v output from the LM-1 to read A/F ratio.

You can used the gauge and the optional relay module to monitor A/F ratio, trigger the relay to open up or close and cutout the boost.

We're working on a rpm module that will provide a signal the gauge can use for rpm, then you could use it as a shift light. I hope to have this in a month or so. It's a separate unit so you can always get it later.

Injector DC. I don't see how. We display that with our Interceptor OBD2 gauge because it's sent by the PCM.

As for boost and fp, that should be no problem. How much boost do you run? Our fp sensor has a 1/8" NPT fitting, would that work?

This sounds like a very interesting application!

Todd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:53 pm 

Thanks for the reply, yes that will work for the fp and I will be running up to 28lbs of boost. should be 450+hp. I will order one tomorrow along with the boost and fp sensors, what else will I need to moniter the a/f, it is a wideband 02sensor. I will probably be asking you several ? over the next few weeks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:43 pm 

greenbusa wrote:
Thanks for the reply, yes that will work for the fp and I will be running up to 28lbs of boost. should be 450+hp. I will order one tomorrow along with the boost and fp sensors, what else will I need to moniter the a/f, it is a wideband 02sensor. I will probably be asking you several ? over the next few weeks.

The 3.5 bar MAP will read up to 35 psi so that is the one you will want. We do have a wideband O2 sensor kit, are you saying you have one already?

When you install the 3.5 bar it will require 12v power, the fp sensor is like all OEM sensors though, and requires 5v. I'm telling you this because some people that buy both have connected them both to 12v and fried the FP sensor. Just following the instructions that come with both and you'll be fine.

So you prefer a wideband O2 to EGT's? The Analogic has 2 EGT inputs.

Todd