Aeroforce Technology Inc Technical Forums

"Knowledge is power"

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:04 pm 

Hi I've had problems with the Scangauge and it seems to have come up with more. My first problems can be found in the post about the Turbo'ed RX-8 and the traction control.

These problems I have now are fairly new and I can't figure out why they happen. My Oil temp reading is way off and very jumpy. I see it jump from 200F to over 280F. My coolant temp is only at 197F and the oil temp is reading way too hot and is all over the place.

The other problem I am having besides some parameter not being read is that the gauge will no longer read my Check Engine Light Codes. I can use any other scanner to read the codes but the Inerceptor will no longer do it. I can still clear trouble codes but not read them. All it does is go to a blank screen then back to the main menu.

Any and all help would be appreciated. I like the gauge but I may have to look for an alternative.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:17 pm 

Are these new developments? What is being displayed with oil temp? Does it matter if you change the other parameter?

Usually a jumpy reading like this is caused by electrical interference. The cable is not near any other aftermarket cables running power to something, like a amp, boost controller, etc?

The gauge does not do anything different for one parameter vs another, so if something strange was going on I'd think that all parameters would be effected, not just one.

Send an email to [email protected] and they will send you a return form. We'll add the new code while we have it which should prevent the car from turning off the traction control.

Todd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:28 am 

These are new developments. The oil temp used to work just fine and nothing has changed. Reading DTCs worked just fine and around the same time as the oil temp issue it stopped working. I've changed the data rate a few times and it's still the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:26 pm 

So I finally had time to send the gauge out to you guys. Sent it last week. Have not heard anything back. What is the typical turn around time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 11:29 am 

Usually about 3 -4 business days.

Todd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:49 pm 

Ok so I got the gauge in the other day and I still can't pull any DTC codes with the gauge. Oil Temp is still off. Some other parameters that were not working seem to be working now but I have yet to fully test it since I have zero tread on my tires and am broke from opening a new restaurant.

I will re-wire the oil temp wires away from any others that may cause intreference.

The gauge does not turn traction control off anymore but when plugged in all my accessories are turned on. (stereo, gauges, ect.) No key in the ignition at all. Does this have to do with you guys putting the jumper back in on the gauge? When I unplug the gauge from OBDII everything turns off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:59 am 

Are you reading oil temp from one of our temp sensors or is this a stock Mazda sensor?

It sounds like it's a stock sensor, can you read it normally with other scan tools? It's sounds like the sensor itself, how do you know it's the gauge?

Are you using switched 12v power or OBD2 power? Be sure to remove the jumper if you are using switched 12v power per the instructions.

Todd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:50 am 

It is one of your awnaor kits. Not the stock sensor. So its either your sensor kit or the gauge. What about not being able to pull codes?

I will pull the jumper tonight. I figured that that was the problem with powering everything up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:43 am 

Temp sensor, is it the 1/8" or 3/8"? Sounds like there's a bad connection somewhere. I could send another but we need to find out exactly where the problem is. I have not seen a sensor itself fail.

I need to look into the DTC thing. It worked on our Mazda, I don't get it.

Todd